So what exactly is a Marketing Plan? How is it different from a Business Plan? Which one is best for a startup or an established company trying to grow? How much detail should be included?
Did you know that a Marketing Plan for a small business can be up to forty, fifty, sixty pages long? It includes market research, how you will go to market, your strategy, positioning, elevator pitch and marketing budget. To be clear, it does NOT include a set of financials or operational strategy. For that, you’ll need a business plan, and we can help you there too.
But here’s what you DO get with a marketing plan:
- Clearly articulated marketing & sales goals
- Market Research
- Competitive Analysis
- Market positioning recommendations based on the market opportunities and competition
- Review of your website and social media presence if you have one, vs. your competition
- How to track your results (KPIs for you to measure)
- Marketing Budget
- Your elevator pitch and tag line
- Our more thorough plans provide options for surveys and interviews, more detailed analysis and creation of your target personas.
You’re busy. You need this business idea to grow. You probably don’t have the 200-300 hours it takes the average small business owner to do this on their own. We can help.